In Geological terms the "Glen Canyon Group" consists of the sandstone layers
Wingate, Kayenta, and Navajo which are predominant layers in this area of the Colorado Plateau.
In Geographical terms, the Glen Canyon Group consists of Carbon,
Emery, Grand, San Juan, and Wayne counties. Moab, Price, Torrey,
Blanding, and Monticello are the larger towns.
Public Lands included in the group are:
- National Parks: Arches, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- National Monuments: Natural Bridges and Hovenweep
- Recreational areas: Glen Canyon
- National Forests: parts of Manti-La Sal, Dixie, and Fishlake
- Designated Wildernesses: Dark Canyon and Grand Gulch Primitive Area
- Numerous Utah State Parks
- Millions of acres of BLM land including Book Cliffs, San Rafael Swell, Canyon Rims